Visitors wishing to stay at Sri Ramanasramam should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org one month in advance to check on the availability of accommodation. Emails are instantly acknowledged. Please check your spam folder also for the auto reply from the ashram to make sure that your email request was properly received by the ashram. Some email providers routinely put them in spam folder. You can also request accommodation by writing a letter about six weeks in advance to The President, Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai – 606 603, Tamil Nadu . There are rooms to suit individuals, couples and families. Each room is furnished and most rooms have attached bathrooms. Hot water for bathing is available during winter. South Indian-style vegetarian food is served in the Ashram dining hall: breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea/milk, and dinner. Filtered drinking water is available. Medical attention can be arranged when required.
Please email your request to email@example.com including proposed date of arrival, number of visitors, length of stay and date of past visit, if applicable.
Sri Ramanasramam – Accommodation Details & Procedures
Ashram has limited accommodation with basic amenities for fellow devotees from India and Abroad.
- Purpose of visit and the availability of accommodation is the main criteria for Ashram accommodation.
- Ashram accommodation is exclusively for fellow devotees of Sri Bhagavan. Visitors coming for general purpose/visits for temple, giripradakshina/full moon walk and pilgrimages should plan alternate accommodation.
- Fellow devotees are advised to choose days avoiding in and around full moon/festival days for their visits.
- Fellow devotees who have read about Sri Bhagavan and His teachings after a few visits if they intend to stay in Ashram for their meditation/personal sadhana are welcome. On an average 3days/nights stay is permitted.
- Accommodation will be provided to single/couple/family (maximum: 5 members) as per above regulations.
- Devotees have to forward their request for accommodation at least six weeks in advance through postal letter (President, Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai – 606 603, Tamil Nadu) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request for revisits shall be made after a gap of at least four to six months.
- Request over telephone or on arrival basis or request in shorter notice will not be considered. Request for few hours/one day/overnight stay will not be entertained. Visits by large group are not welcome.
- For information about ashram, its activities, the routine schedule and all other informations/procedures, kindly visit our website www.sriramanamaharshi.org
- There are no charges for ashram accommodation/food. It is also not extended on rental/commercial basis. Ashram food is restricted to room guests/inmates.
- Any monetary offering may be made only at the Ashram office (cashier) and receipt obtained.
Ashram’s Daily Routine and Timings
06.45 a.m. Milk Offering at Sri Bhagavan’s Shrine
08.00 a.m. Vedaparayana
10.00 a.m. Morning Puja
04.00 p.m. Group Reading (Tamil)
04.30 p.m. Group Reading (English)
05.00 p.m. Vedaparayana
05.45 p.m. Evening Puja
06.00 p.m. Tamil Parayana
09.00 p.m. Ashram Main Gate Closes
5.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. & 2.00 p.m. – 09.00 p.m.
4.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. & 2.00 p.m. – 09.00 p.m.
08.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m. & 2.00 p.m. to 06.00 p.m.
07.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. & 2.00 p.m. – 06.30 p.m.
07.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. & 2.00 p.m. – 05.30 p.m.
Free Dispensary (Sunday Holiday)
08.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m. & 12.30 p.m. – 03.30 p.m.
Places of visit in Ashram
- Mother’s Shrine
- Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi’s Shrine
- Nirvana Room
- Meditation Hall
- Cow Lakshmi/animals samadhis
- Samadhi Shrines of devotees
- Old Dispensary & Book Stall
- Skandashramam and Virupaksha Caves (8.15 a.m. – 4.15 p.m.) In Arunachala Mountain – 1.5 kms climb
Quote from Bhagavan
What are sins? Why, for example, does a man drink too much? Because he hates the idea of being bound – bound by the incapacity to drink as much as he wishes. He is striving after liberty in every sin he commits. This striving after liberty is the first instinctive action of God in a man’s mind.
Our Chinese Website
- No Events